A reminder that the deadline for submissions to the sixth edition of the TD Discovery Series Special Projects is this Friday!
The TD Discovery Series Special Projects, an initiative created by Toronto Downtown Jazz (TDJ) and made possible by the generous support of TD, encourages the creation, development and presentation of special projects by jazz musicians in the City of Toronto. Through a juried process, successful applicants will be awarded a bursary and obtain marketing and public relations support from TDJ and TD. Perks include:
* A $500 bursary in support of the applicant’s marketing efforts
* A featured article in a TDJ e-newsletter (more than 18,000 subscribers)
* Prominent positioning on the torontojazz.com home page and a dedicated event page
* A dedicated TDJ press release, sent out to all of the local major jazz media
* Listing on the Toronto Jazz Festival Facebook page (more than 6,300 “likes”)
* Dedicated posting on the TDJ Artistic Director’s blog
* An on-location portrait shoot or performance shot courtesy of Tracey Nolan Studios for use in press kits and on your website
* A professionally produced 21/2 minute “highlight reel” video of the project (2 cameras, editing), featuring artist interviews and/or performance clips, available following the project for the successful applicant’s own use
New for 2016: special consideration will be given to those projects which not only go beyond the usual scope of the submitting performer or group’s activity, but also make a unique contribution to the city’s cultural calendar – events which are particularly creative in their nature.
Projects must take place between January 15 and April 30, 2016.
For complete TDJ Special Projects guidelines, and to download an application form, please go to torontojazz.com/special